Ready to make your mark in medical research? Apply for a program and funding following these steps.
Before you apply for a program please meet with Dean Chung. She’ll make sure you don’t miss out on opportunities for research and funding.
Steps to apply:
1. Submit pre-application
All medical students applying for a research program should complete the online pre-application.
OMSR Pre-Application »
2. Apply for specific program or funding source
The application process is unique for each student, depending on the length and depth of research and your program of study.
Choose a program below for application details.
Summer Research Programs
NHLBI, CRTC TL1, NIDDK, Otolaryngology T32, Mallinckrodt, and Siteman
Year-Long Research Programs
MA/MD, MSCI, MPHS, MD5, and MPH
3. Finalize your research plans
When your application is complete, start preparing for your research!
- Submit your project for IRB approval, if needed.
- Begin attending your mentor’s lab/research meetings.
- Start reading background literature about your project.
- Finalize your funding plans in collaboration with OMSR.